Sunday 1 December 2013

Vacation Scheme Applications

I am currently in the process of filling out my vacation scheme applications, and I have found it far more challenging than I first thought I would. On the face of it, writing about yourself and your experiences seems pretty straightforward. However, when I got around to it, having to consider what I gained from my experiences and activities was not so simple. It's not something people tend to think about on a day to day basis (or at least I don't).

Throughout my time at school I have always been told what to learn. Both in exams, and in my applications to universities, there has always been a sense of having to "jump through hoops" and display what the exam boards and universities want. The experience of having to actually analyse my life and consider what I have learnt from it seems, to me, to be a relatively new one. Although, I guess, there are always templates and recommendations for how job and internship applications should be filled out, to me they seem to require a far more personal touch.

Filling out the applications has been interesting, as I feel the it has taught me a lot. It has taught me to look at the events around me and develop my own opinion on them, as well as allowing me to look more deeply at how my life, and the experiences I have gained in it, have shaped who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment