Saturday 16 July 2011

Apprentice Lawyer

I recently read in a copy of Lawyer2B an article on the future of the Law degree. It was a topic that I had been thinking about for a while and one that I find very interesting. With the increase of tuition fees and high graduate unemployment, many A Level students are considering not going to university for the fear of a lingering debt they will never be able to pay off. This could damage the legal sector, as many potential solicitors may choose a more economically secure training route such as an apprenticeship. What I have been wondering (and was also addressed in the article) is whether an apprenticeship in Law is a viable alternative to a Law degree?

I would be Interested to hear your views please.

Many thanks,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment